Hello it’s Jess and oh my goodness it is almost Friday thank goodness gracious. Anyways today I wanted to talk about the problems and the benefits of being a shy or quiet person. I am a pretty quiet person sometimes. usually whenever people are talking and being loud during class I am usually that one girl who is actually trying to do her work or even just reading a book.
Now don’t get me wrong I can talk a lot when I feel like it but sometimes I just don’t. But anyways the list! I’ll start off with some of the problems first.
The problems of being a shy/quiet person:
- Group projects. Do I need to explain?
- People telling you you always look ether mad or sad
- People asking if you ever talk.
- Being constantly asked to talk louder
- Coming off as rude because you don’t talk much to someone but your really just very shy.
- When your with a friend and they start talking to someone you don’t know.
- People don’t say hi to you
- If your shy and a book lover people assume all you do is read all the time
- Being told you are very soft spoken
- People are extremely surprised when they find out you actually are not an angel
I could go on really but I wanted to get to the of the benefits I’ve discovered about being shy.
The benefits of being a shy/quiet person:
- No drama!
- Shy people are adorable
- People assume you are smart
- Deeper friendships
- Some people are actually nicer to shy people because they think we are fragile
- Small things can make our day
- Your different which makes people curious about you
- Teachers like you
- You are more likely to get away with things just because people assume you would never do anything bad
- You learn how to deal with big challenges at a younger age
Well these are just all the things that I could think of and I for sure think that the good out weighs the bad. If you have any other problems or benefits that you struggle with as a shy person I would love to know in a comment below!