Hola it’s Jess. First I would like to say that I love my family. I do. Just sometimes there are things that I… dislike? Is that a good way to say it without sounding like an ungrateful brat? Cause trust me I am so grateful for everyone in my life but just like any other good thing in life there are struggles.
I live in a house with 4 other people. My two sisters and my parents. The oldest is Alyssa she is 19 almost twenty and then my little sister Romy is 11. Now I know I always say I have two brothers and I do kind of but they aren’t my brothers. They are my mom’s half brothers. There is Nick who is currently 16 and Danny who is currently 13. And I am 17. I talked about them in my last post about ghost stories and I referred to them as my brothers only because it is annoying having to explain to people that I have two uncles who are both younger than me (Trust me I do it a lot).
The five of us (Me, Nick , Danny, my two sisters, Alyssa and Romy) grew up extremely close. Nick and Danny live pretty close to us so they hang out at our house very often and spend the night at least once a week. People also always confuse them for being my mother’s kids because we all go everywhere together. So you might see why I just kind of just say their my brothers.
Anyways now that there are no more lies between us I can talk about all the struggles that come with having around 7 people in my house on a daily basis. Oh! and I also have a dog.
13 Struggles of Having a Big Family
- You have to hide food
- It’s really never quiet
- Lots of dishes
- It is never clean for very long
- having to stuff everyone in the truck. No one really ever wants to sit in the 3rd row for some reason.
- You can’t tell anyone anything because gosh forbid that person tells someone and now your whole family knows.
- Trying to talk but nobody shuts up
- Everyone has to like who you date
- Taking family pictures is difficult
- Someone is always in the bathroom when I have to use it
- Speaking of bathroom the line to take a shower is long.
- Trying to watch a movie as a family but there isn’t enough room on the couch
- My mom literally says everyone’s name before she gets to the one she is actually trying to say
Though yes there are struggles I love my family and there are also benefits of having a big family like you’re never lonely. Also having a big family is fun. There is never an uneventful day when you live with a lot of people.