Hello my little marshmallows! I’ve mentioned before how much I love food but like I really LOVE food. If you don’t love food then I don’t understand you.
At my house mostly on the weekends everyone likes to stay up late and when were up late we get hungry. Our go to food most of the time is Eggs and Tortillas or another name for it is Migas but at home we call it Migitas. It is just scrambled eggs with tortillas mixed in and it only takes like 10 minutes to make. So if you’re looking for something different to try and you haven’t had migitas you should try it because I love it.
This is the recipe for Migitas. Also there are a ton of other recipes online for it if you want to compare recipes or find one with more accurate measurements then mine.
Also this recipe makes 1 serving.
- Cut your tortillas into triangles or whatever shape you want I usually go with triangles though. I’m aware four tortillas might seem like a lot but it’s not really. The tortillas shrink when you fry them in the oil.
- Put some oil in a pan. Not too much but enough to fry the tortillas.
- Put the cut tortillas in the pan. These are going to take around 10 minutes or so I’ve never really timed it but basically you want them to turn into tortilla chips or close that. Make sure you move them around occasionally because you don’t want to burn them.
- While the tortillas are cooking make your eggs. Crack three eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper, you can also add a small splash of milk if you want to. This makes the eggs more fluffy.
- After you’re tortillas are done cooking you put your eggs in on top of them.
- Start scrambling them right away because they will cook quickly since the tortillas are really hot under the eggs it makes them cook faster. Or at least that’s what my dad says.
- And your migitas are done! You can add ketchup to them because I think they taste best with ketchup but it is up to you.
If you make this let me know how it comes out! Talk to you tomorrow!!